Monday, May 12, 2008

AWAS! Recent Art from Indonesia

Awas! Recent Art from Indonesia

I missed out on bidding on this book on eBay. The joy of taking care of a baby means you sometimes miss out on doing things, including bidding on online auctions ;P. Have you read it? Is it worth getting? I´m curious. The description on eBay says:

¨A fascinating and revealing overview of the state of contemporary art in Indonesia. Several radically different art scenes are flourishing inside this huge and mysterious nation. Includes tons of great photographs, plus a series of articles by experts in the field of Indonesian art.¨

Hmm... curiouser.. I tried to find it on several online bookshops. No luck yet. The book was commissioned and published by the Indonesian Arts Society.


Salam,
perempuan


edit:
I found out more thanks to further googling. Apparently the book was published for this traveling exhibition. It also led me to Kunci, which has several interesting essays on arts and cultures. The site is rather ´wordy´, so I saved the link for later readings.

No comments: