Thursday, May 1, 2008

Friday Illo: Richard Fang and Ella

Finding an Indonesian illustrator (online) sometimes feels like finding a needle in a haystack. I´m sure there are a lot of talented Indonesian illustrators out there, unfortunately not many are putting their presence (widely) known on the web. Or maybe I have been looking at the wrong places? Kindly enlighten me.

A couple that I like:

Richard Fang. Interesting, quirky illos like the one below:
Richard Fang: wish you were here (2008)


The Enigma. Ella from Bandung draws wonderful, rather whimsical creations. Perfect for children (and adults alike) storybooks. Ella has an already defined style. She consistently participates in the weekly Illustration Friday. Looking forward to see so much more of her illustration. I hope she opens an online store someday to sell her prints and such.

Ella (The Enigma), superhero, for Illustration Friday (2006)

Salam,
p

No comments: